Clarissa Severo de Borba began her studies in percussion at the
Federal University of Santa Maria / Brazil with Ney Rosauro and
then at the University of East Caroline / Usa with Mark Ford and
Christopher Deane where she obtained a Masters in Percussion.
In 2002 she obtained a Doctorate in Percussion (DMA) at the
University of Miami / USA, where she was also a teacher and
Director of the Percussion Ensemble. At the same time, she studied
composition and musical analysis and was particularly interested
in sound research applied to the development of "extended techniques"
for percussion instruments.
Clarissa has been part of many premières and musical projects in
Brazil, the United States and in Europe (concerts in Spain, Italy,
France, Belgium in solo and with the duo The QuB).
Very attracted by contemporary classical music, Clarissa continues
to extensively work on the role of percussion in musical creation
and on the methods and techniques to achieve optimal use of these
She notably worked with the Ensemble Intercontemporain in Paris
from 2003 to 2005.
She is at the origin of the free improvisation / sound and video
project "Anatomy of An Instant" with Olivier Benoit and Santiago
Quintans and collaborates with several artists of the French and
European scene, in particular Matthieu Donarier, Jean-Louis
Pommier, Christophe Hartmann, Ensemble Utopik, François Tanguy,
Arthur Kampela, Brenda Ohana, Samuel Ber, Toninho do Carmo, Sam
Mary, Natalie Galard, among others.
She is a member of the modern music ensemble "Offrandes", in
permanent residence at the Founderie in Le Mans.
Several works of contemporary music are dedicated to her and have
contributed to the enrichment of the modern repertoire of
Clarissa Severo de Borba performs regularly as a soloist and with
many ensembles in France and abroad and teaches percussion and
free improvisation in France.
- Que serais je sans jardin (what would I be without a garden): solo concert, multiple percussion instruments, invented instruments, lights and video
- Écoute ma vi(ll)e (listen to my life): Musique, vidéo and drama. with: Matthieu Donarier, Santiago Quintans, Samuel Ber, Benoît Courribet, Sam Mary, Carole Paimpol
- The QuB: duo guitar and percussions with Santiago Quintans
- Unlimited Percussion: Duo with Sam Ber
- Floating Tones: Solo percussion, video and lights with Benoît Courribet and Sam Mary.
- Les étoiles confuses (the confusing stars): flûte, piano and percussion, with Véronique Bachs and Irina Chpirko.
Next Shows and Masterclasses:
October 10, 2020 - 15h European time -Masterclass Contemporary music, learning and cognition.
October 22, 2020 - 19h Concert "les étoiles confuses", Chorus, Le Mans.
November 10 et 11 - Concert "Festival Travessias Culturais", Madère, Portugal.